Buffalo State College has successfully provided a FREE six (6) month program since 2015, leading to a Pre-Advanced Manufacturing Operator Micro-Credential and full-time employment to our Advanced Manufacturing students.
Starting in September 2019 through February 2020, enrollment in our FREE 6-month program will open the door to a new career in the third largest employment sector in the Buffalo/Niagara area.
The goal of our program is to assist adults, especially unemployed, underemployed, females, and Veterans, in achieving the core skills and hands-on-training to meet the current local demand.
The latest concepts, technology and up-to-date industry best practices will be included in the course offerings. The instructors are flexible and willing to meet the needs of the adult learner committed to advancing or changing their careers. Students who complete the program successfully will receive 12 college credits, Pre-Advanced Manufacturing Operator Micro-Credential, AND NIMS credential from the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) for Machining Level I.
· TED/TEC 101 - Drawing techniques and part modeling techniques for 3D parametric solid modeling systems; multi-view projections using 2-D and 3-D geometry, drawing annotation including text, dimensioning and layouts of a variety of drawing types suitable for plotting to scale; part modeling techniques including Industry-standard parametric modeling; introduction to geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
· TED/TEC 201 - Processes and problems associated with the conversion of materials into useful forms and goods; laboratory activities exemplify the major processes studied
· TED/TEC 123 - Operative principles common to most manufacturing industries; research and development, manufacturing, organization and management; industrial relations; engineering; production; labor; financial control; marketing; quality control
· TED 495 - LAB/NIMs seminar Completion of all four courses above earns 12 college credits, Operator Certificate, and NIMS credential. These credits may be applied to a further course of study in the Buffalo State College TEC Department if a student wishes to advance to a full degree program
· Placement in Advanced Manufacturing positions
You may click on the following link to print and submit your application to Buffalo State College, Continuing Professional Studies, Cleveland 210, 1300 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, New York 14222. The application may also be faxed to 716.878.5930.
For more information, please contact us at 716.878.5907.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.