To Participate in the Rise UP Program
- No previous experience is necessary.
- Participant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete the application process, below, as appropriate.
Application Process, Seeking Tuition Assistance
Full tuition assistance is available to eligible applicants through Workforce Buffalo. Qualifiers for full tuition assistance include, but are not limited to: displaced workers, unemployment due to termination, layoff or family care, or underemployment earning less than $25 per hour. Full tuition assistance is granted at the discretion of Workforce Buffalo.
- Complete the application.
- Workforce Buffalo will contact you for an interview to determine if you qualify for tuition assistance.*
- There is no partial tuition assistance; if you qualify, your tuition will be paid in full (separate from the processing fee due at the time of application submission).
- If you are approved for the program, we will provide you with additional informational materials.
- Upon acceptance, you will be required to participate in a one hour, virtual orientation, through Workforce Buffalo.
- Workforce Buffalo will cover your transportation costs, in the form of a bus pass or $5 per class for self-transportation.
*Please note, SUNY Buffalo State/Continuing Professional Studies is not involved in this process; your tuition award is completely at the discretion of Workforce Buffalo.
Ready to Apply? - Application Form