DATES: July 18-29, Monday through Friday
- Hands on experience in our Engineering Tech laboratories
- Teambuilding and Creative problem solving challenges
- Field trip to a National Grid facility
- Campus tours
- Solving real world challenges with like-minded peers
- The opportunity to pitch your solution to the National Grid team!
Our instructors include experts from our Engineering Technology Department and the International Center for Studies in Creativity, as well as staff from National Grid. You will get an introduction to careers in electrical and engineering technology, and experience our state of the art Smart Grid laboratory. You’ll unlock the bounds of your imagination through exercises that will enhance your abilities as a creative thinker. All of your new knowledge will come together to solve real world challenges presented by our partners at National Grid. The program concludes with teams sharing their solutions with National Grid.
The cost of program attendance is fully covered for each participant, thanks to sponsorship by National Grid. (There is a separate application fee of $50.)
- This experience is open to students in 10th and 11th grade.
- Applicants are required to identify a teacher or counselor that supports their application.
- Students must submit a statement as to why they wish to attend the program.
- Pay the $50 application fee.